Cupping Therapy is a natural and non-invasive method of treatment using suction cups and can be used as an adjunct for deep tissue massage. Cupping is based on the ancient history and application of old Chinese medicine. Functional Integrated Cupping Therapy (FICT) has been around for 5000 years but has had a resurgence within the athletic population and even more recently during COVID 19 as a modality for stress and anxiety. The goal of this treatment is to increase blood flow to the tissues, speed up recovery time and be used in prevention of further injuries. More recently, we are seeing patients that have been stuck indoors working from home which can cause several harmful ailments. Musculoskeletal issues and stress and anxiety are becoming more prevalent with home working and the current pandemic.
Elite athletes having been using Cupping Therapy for years, to enable them to perform to their highest standard.
The benefits of Cupping Therapy include:
- Decrease pain and stiffness
- Decrease swelling
- Decrease muscle tension
- Decrease stress and anxiety
- Enhances athletic performance
- Increase range of motion and muscle mobility
- Increase circulation and healing process
- Increase flexibility of connective tissues
- Increase relaxation and well-being
- Removal of lactic acids and toxins